Re: [nise] White flowers

Flowers of kiyosumiensis are in my garden at least a light-purple
5 cm is not narrow many species have that, but longissima has
leaves 2cm wide Many plants given in Schmid as having white
flowers are in Europe at most a light purple.
Real white flowers that stay white also in european climate are
sieboldii alba and derivatives like Snowflakes Butter Rim etc
Several other species have white flowers ( e.g.rectifolia alba etc)
but these are rarer. and of course plantaginea but that will not
readilly flower in the north of Europe ( nor in Holland). In january I
did send an article on white flowers to the journal They yet have to
report back..........
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden