RE: Political stuff

You wrote:  .   You really believe that big corporations have any interest
in your well being?

I don't know your background, but I have worked for big corporations for my
whole career, and have seen so many cases of public concern and welfare to
the benefit of the public, even outside the economic benefit. Yes there are
regulations that must be met by industry, and I agree that standards must
be set, but those standards need a real basis behind them.  Often the
limits for "pollution" are changed by EPA by factors of 100, just because
industry met the old standard and the environmentalists want to raise the

Many of our schools would have little equipment for laboratories, and
computer systems, if it were not for the donations from big industry.  I
know the appreciation of schools and environmental agencies for the work of
big companies.  Our locat charities are staffed by volunteers from major
industries, and do it while paid by their companies.  And let's not forget
the local, state and national politicians who love to spend the tax money
from these companies.

I have been told by state EPA officials that the big companies compy with
regulations voluntarily, but small companies must be searched out and the
regulations forced upon them.  My particlar company has spent millions on
state-of-the-art waste treatment and emission technology.  We just may emit
less pollution than Bill and Hillary did while traveiling around the world
at our expense.

Sorry, but I just can't go along with painting the whole landscape with one
brush.  -  But then Gore said at the end of the third debate that there
were "some" good people who worked for big companies.