Re: election - delete if not interested

NardaA@aol.com wrote:

> Andrew, I would like to point out here that the company that my husband works
> for cannot find enough factory workers to work at a wage over ten dollars an
> hour and with insurance and vacation.  My brother in law owns his own company
> and cannot find anyone who will do manual labor for eleven dollars an hour,
> we are talking about unskilled labor here.  No diploma and no degree.  When
> we have jobs at ten and above going unfilled what will raising the minimal
> wage get us?  N.

And, in a bizarre contrast, in the state of Minnesota, a new Ph.D. cannot hope
to earn as much teaching at the university level as a beginning kindergarten
teacher. This does not denigrate the enormous presuures of being a kindergarten
teacher or the skills which that job entails, but it does denigrate the ten
years (often more) that it takes a person to earn a Ph.D.

Maybe we should judge the pres. candidates by whether or not they raise hostas.

Kris