Re: election - delete if not interested

In a message dated 11/19/00 10:54:18 AM Central Standard Time, NardaA@aol.com

<< When
 we have jobs at ten and above going unfilled what will raising the minimal
 wage get us?  N. >>
   Well, the first thing it will get everyone is that the people on the
bottom rung of the pay scale will be less likely to have to be subsidized by
someone else to live thus improving the persons lifestyle who is doing the
subsidizing. Many children 14 years and up are working so that they can save
for college because it's becoming harder for middle class American parents to
provide the basics of food and clothing to their children much less help them
pay for their college education.
    Also if ten dollar an hour jobs are going unfilled, then maybe the
question we should ask is what is raising the minimum wage going to do to
hurt us?

Solidarity, Katherine A. Klass
                4439 Valhalla Road
                New Franken, WI. 54229