Re: election - delete if not interested

NardaA@aol.com wrote:

> Kris, a beginning Kindergarten teacher makes about twenty-five and one with
> advanced degrees will make more.

$28.5K in MN fir a kindergarten teacher (beginning) with a B.A. I understand
that an M.A. ups the ante. I don't know any Ph.D.s who are teaching
kindergarten, but plenty teaching HS because they can earn more starting at HS
level than at univ. level.

> A Ph.D. teaching

Starting pay is $28.8K in MN (I speak from personal experience).

> Teaching Kindergarten is a very hard job, and not a real
> popular one.

I concur. I think kindergarten teachers earn every penny and should be paid
more. But if someone spends 10 years working at an advanced degree, learns other
languages, does original research abroad, and writes books, a slightly higher
salary is warranted. E.g., my brother, who is chair of a univ. dept. and has
been at the same univ. for 38 yrs. in MN, earns $68K. On the other hand, my
26-year-old son, who is a computer whiz, started at Fallon Advertising at $100K
with full perks, bennies, and profit sharing. This doesn't seem quite right to
me either--even though he's a smart, really decent guy and very good at what he
does.

The good news is, we all have hostas.

Kris