Re: election - delete if not interested

NardaA@aol.com wrote:

> Chick, knew that you would stop lurking at that one.  I was born a democrat
> and evolved to a Republican.  Actually worked pretty hard for the democratic
> party in my early days.  Don't want to admit how long ago that was.  It was
> about ten years ago that I noticed that i "innocently" never voted for a
> democrat.  Mostly has to do with the right to life issue, but with what has
> happened with Clinton, it is no longer even a consideration.  Maybe with time
> the pendulum will swing in the other direction.

I'll repeat your earlier message once more:
"because no matter what is said  Democrats will hear and believe only what serves
their own selfish goals, and  if it has to be done they will manipulate the law
to serve their own needs,  now I will shut up."

I'm not sure what right to life or Clinton has to do with anything.  The question
isn't about who you wanted to win, the question is who got the most votes in
Florida.  If that was Dubya, that's fine with me.  If he really won, then he can
be President, that's the way we do it.  But he can't be President just because he
agrees with your personal agenda. And Gore and the rest of us Democrats are not
stupid, immoral, Communists, or unpatriotic because we don't care about your
personal agenda.  You think its just awful not to count those military ballots
but its just fine not to count the ones that the machines can't read.  How about
if we only count the ones from south Florida that were cast by veterans and
military personnel.  The rules, as I understand them, are that everything is
legal and moral as long as Dubya doesn't lose.

And speaking of veterans, I think any of us who served at that time know that
serving in the Texas Air Force and protecting us from Mexico ain't the same as
being a vet.  God, I'd love to hear his war stories, maybe about the time his
squadron liberated Ciudad Acuna. But then, he's a Republican so we can't call him
a draft dodger. Good Democrats don't stoop to name calling. And since this thread
has brought me to the verge of name calling, now I will shut up.

Chick