Re: election - delete if not interested

And speaking of veterans, I think any of us who served at that time know
that
serving in the Texas Air Force and protecting us from Mexico ain't the same
as
being a vet.  God, I'd love to hear his war stories, maybe about the time
his
squadron liberated Ciudad Acuna. But then, he's a Republican so we can't
call him
a draft dodger.

Chick, I know you don't want to hear from me but I am going to make some
gore quotes here from  Ann Coulter who is a reporter for the Human Events
newspaper.  I am sure they would not allow her to print this is it were not
true.
VP algore quotes "I'd like to tell you something about me...I've kept the
faith with my country.  I VOLUNTEERED for the Army, I served in Vietnam."
Telling of his harrowing flights on combat helicopters: "I used to fly these
things with the doors open, sitting on the ledge with our feet hanging down.
If you flew low and fast, they wouldn't have as much time to shoot you."  I
was shot at. I spent most of my time in the field."  "I took my turn
regularly on the perimeter in these little firebases out in the boonies.
Something would move, we'd fire first and ask questions later."  "I pulled
my turn on the perimeter at night and walked through the elephant grass and
I was fired upon."  He said he "carried an M-16".

Truth: He was never shot at, and never fired a shot in anger.  Gore's tour
of duty consisted of a five-month vacation in the Orient with his own Man
Friday bringing him mint juleps as he typed illiterate dispatches for the
Stars and Stripes.  During his brief five months there he carried white-out
and a typewriter ribbon, not an M-16.  The closest he came to physical harm
consisted of the paper cuts he risked while filing his little human interest
stories.  After working on it for about a year, the Los Angeles Times
finally published an article in October 1999 revealing that gore not only
never saw combat in Vietnam, but was assigned a bodyguard.  Still, all the
drinking and potsmoking(which gore admits to) was exhausting.  After three
months, he asked to go home.  The times further reported that several of
gore's other colleagues "remember they were assigned to make sure this son
of a prominent politician was never injured in the way."   Actually, later
it was proven, gore's bodyguard was not his bodyguard, he was his "security
escort".  Even this braggart (gore) never claims he had a SAFE number and
THEN he volunteered.  It was in the summer of 1970 when it was to help his
father's do-or-die campaign for the Senate in the same year.
Best Regards, Beth