Re: election - delete if not interested

----- Original Message -----
From: <NardaA@aol.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2000 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: election - delete if not interested
Raising the minimum wage, is a stupid move that simply pushes all realted
costs up the "ladder" and finally results in generally higher costs to
compensate.  It is never a soulotion.  Some people will not ( by their own
choice) ever be worth even the present minium.  Goverment programs to
"up-grade" them are a general disaster.  The long term answer is to place
eduaction as a first priority.  Something I have heard George Bush repete
many times.  In order to accomplish this schools must become competitive,
and so must teachers.  We are not paying good teachers nearly what they are
worth, and we are paying a lot of poor ones, far to much.  The push for
increased minimum wage is just a Democrat ploy to gain more dependency.
They are afraid of real education, as much of the population might start to
do their own thinking and disregard the "Democrat line"  Can you imagine
what the results of that would mean.