Re: Member's list

Rich,
    Looks like most would rather post on politics....so I will at least try
to be politically incorrect......

Personally, I think that the AHS should NOT be sending out a "Membership
publication" to every member as an issue of THJ.

I would like to see the membership roster available to those that want or
need it BUT I think those individuals should shoulder the cost of
reproducing that list.

I believe Kevin addressed a "legal" problem with selling the list without
our members first being given the opportunity to have their names excluded
from the list. Can this be avoided by not "selling" the list, only charging
for copying and mailing? Why not include a form (with appropriate
notification) in a future publication that would give our membership this
opportunity to have their names excluded from any list being sold?

Perhaps, for those electronically able, the membership list could be made
available on disk. Or how about making it available at a website? (Perhaps
only to members)

I'd like to see 4 Journals a year with hosta photos and articles instead of
money spent on a Directory and Yearbook!!!

1999 AHS expenses included:
Yearbook Expense           $14,181.00
Directory Expense            $12,563.00

Wasted expense?? What's your opinion?

Let's turn things around: instead the Yearbook being a drain on our funds,
let's make into an asset (or at least break even).

Preston Littleton ( plittleton@ce.net )
Seaford DE
zone 7