Re: Monsters in the White House

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2000 11:07 PM
Subject: Monsters in the White House

Ran,
Compared to the Clintons and Gore Nixon was a Saint.
Joe
Joe
I lived in Washington, during the "Nixon Years"  Among other things, I was a co participant in recieving an award from Mrs Nixon. I did not get any sense that he was inept, he did however have have the same problem as Clinton in that his ego had to be a first priority.  Nor do I claim that Clinton is inept.  But there is an important difference.  That is one of shame.  I saw Nixon's attitude when the full impact of his "cover up' actions was exposed. He humbly spared tha country any farther agony, and resigned.  Leaving, for me his accomplishments to stand .  I see no parallel in Clinton.  His refusal to acknowledge his self serving lies, and his callous disregard for the nation , are all that many will remember.  I am seeing a similar pattern here on the part of Al Gore.  He and his minions, are the ones that are pushing , what every day becomes a deeper journey into simple self preservation alone.  His assertation that he wants every vote to count, is pure nonsense.  If he really believes that he should push for a hand recount in every state and district where recounting of ballots, could change even one counted vote.  There is no ligical support for this continuing farce.  It has now been decided that one lone ( leagally elected Republican) woman in Florida, clearly following a lawful mandate, will be "second gussed" by 7 appointed ( not elected) Democrat "judges".  Well , come to think of it -- I would say the two sides are about even at that !
Ran