Re: Member's list

Good morning, Preston:

Thank you for the response and input.  I thought the idea was too rebellious.
 You raised some interesting and valid points.  The only point I disagree on
is Kevin.  I believe he didn't act on his own.  The "governing group"
probably started the rooster publication years ago, and it has been
perpetuated since as well as the regional society "journal."

The daylily folks have an electronic listing that's updated every few months,
and one can purchase the rooster yearly.

In the current The Daylily Journal, they have The Christen Erin Stamile Youth
Award.  Ms. Christen Stamile was very active in the AHS.  She was killed
several years ago in her youth.  The award is to honor her, what she
accomplished, and her future.  This award is given yearly to a "young adult"
who has demonstrated their interest in daylily breeding, citizenship, etc.
Besides a plaque, they receive a scholarship for college.  This is something
worthy that I am pursuing on a local level for our hosta group.  We need the
young blood to ensure hosta growth for the future in the New England [OOPS!
I'll get off my soap box....].

To all, have a safe and Great Thanksgiving.

Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA