Re: Monsters in the White House

Chic wrote:
RE:>>One reason I can't take
the far right too seriously is that their moral compasses
only point in one direction.  When you think that one side
can do no wrong and the other can do no right, you're not
putting a lot of effort in it.
-----
The best logical statement uttered in this whole series,
IMHO.   I am very pleased that we have had this tight of an
election.  It returns us to our roots and challenges our
understandings of what "inalienable rights" means.   When
you have guys like Rush Limbaugh spewing all of this
poisonous propaganda onto the air waves, it makes it easier
to let others do your thinking for you, and easier to get a
little bigotted.   Do we have an inalienable right to "trash
the President" continually?   I am afraid it is that kind of
attitude that worries me.

Let he among you who is without sin cast the first
stone...that's my motto to live by.  There are some phrases
in the Bible that I have some trouble with, but that is not
one of them.  Simple and to the point.   It also returns the
discussion to things that we can control and worthy of
serious attention.

As for Beth and concern over the term "kill".  This is a
Unix term that is used to terminate a process.  It is a
'button' on the TOP manager, or it can be executed at the
command prompt, as in
# kill -9 1489
which kills a process executing in the system.  While the
choice of terminology is not one that I would utilize, I
would imagine that the "kill" being referred to was as
harmless as that.   Of course, if you want to help eliminate
that possibility, how about getting behind a little gun
control?  Infact, let's just ban all hand guns completely!
(Jeepers, I can't believe I said that!)   I do concur,
however, after rereading the message, that it is probably
time to back down the fervor.  Sammysuwumum, you can add her
to the "kill list" without telling her.  That would be
okay...

I don't know how we will resolve all the world's problems
from our little hosta-open@mallorn.com list, but we're sure
giving it a good college try.  Thanks to all for the good
conversation.  Unfortunately, I must get back to life and so
it is time for me to convey the prize for "Best Logical
Statement to Date" -- (drum roll please) -- The award goes
to Chic! --for the above statement.

Sorry guys, this decision is final and recounting the votes
will not change the outcome.  There was only one vote, there
was but one award, (I invented it myself, just now) and so
I get to choose.... The results are final....

Hosta la Vista!

Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman            http://hostahaven.com
HostaHaven.com
mailto:andrewl@hostahaven.com
1250 41st Street                     515-274-0300 voice
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516