The Importance of Politics

Hi All:

To date I have only made comments re: politicians as to which of them
has hostas. But this business has been going on for a long time now on
our hosta forum.

My husband runs a homeless shelter, with full social services, in an old
church. Phyllis Kedl, another list-member, has a husband who does
essentially the same thing in a bigger city. My point here is that, in
my opinion, politics seems petty in the extreme.

There are seriously under-met basic human needs in each of our
communities. If you have enough time and energy to fuss over who's
getting how many votes in this ridiculous farce of an election, you have
enough time and energy to take a case of soup and a few blankets to your
nearest homeless shelter. And please don't come back at me with which
politician's fault it is that there are homeless and hungry people--it's
a problem as old as human history (e.g., "Flight Into Egypt" was nothing
new 2,000 years ago).

This Thanksgiving, care for your family, but give a thought to the wider
human family too.

And let's return our discussion to the genus hosta.