Re: Monsters in the White House-and Hostas

Hi Paul,
RE:>> Nixon had many flaws And the Watergate affair was the result of poor
judgment. (Trying to be in charge of all things and a little paranoia and the
love of power are going to get you into trouble)

The subversive attempt to influence the outcome of who would become the next President of the US is much worse than "poor judgement".  Poor judgement is the term I would use for President Clinton's actions.  Attempting to overthrow our Constitutional right to elect our President and bombing a nation with whom we are not at war, then lying to us about it?  How can this be considered even remotely similar?

I don't believe the "party" can, or needs to, apologize for either person's actions.  Both of these actions were independent actions done without the consent of party leadership.  I don't want to heap the blame on the parties-of -record.  But let's not deceive ourselves about the nature of these two/three actions and the potential consequences which could accrue from them.

RE:>>When I see those type of arguments, those that spew them forth are placed the pile of "Morally and or intellectual stupid" or "evil."

Now we're getting somewhere.  But do we really WANT to go there?  This forum IS about Hostas, after all, or will be again someday.  When we open up Pandora's box and start trying to tie religion to politics, possibly claiming that one of these two major parties has a claim to being on "higher" moral ground, or being superior in intellect (as opposed to being superior in understanding--the two traits ARE different), we'll start a debate that will last as long as the Israeli/Pakistani war.  I wouldn't say that either party has a monopoly on intelligence, or even an advantage.  Certainly neither is "morally stupid, intellectually stupid, or evil".  We just sees things diffently.

If we go there, Paul, will there be any hope that we will return the focus back toward Hostas?

Andrew Lietzow