Re: election - delete if not interested - For Joe H.

In a message dated 11/21/2000 9:31:07 AM Central Standard Time,
andrewl@hostahaven.com writes:

<<
 You're right.  But entrapping the person to get them to lie is an even
 bigger offense, IMO.  We didn't like this kind of tactic when employed by
 Castro, or Hitler, or any other oppressive ruler, and we don't like to
 see it used today. >>

I get a good laugh out of many of your posts, the convoluted logic is fun to
follow.

Clinton Lied in a court of law making a legal deposition.

But as impaired in understanding as you appear to be (I am going to assume
you believe what you are espousing)

I find the proposition that the Clinton scandal had any effect on what the
German car company or any other foreign technological achievement that has
occurred has any thing to do with what congress did or did not do -- goofy,
at best.

I will let you in on something-people in other countries are just as smart us
Americans.  Also the development of new car engines takes many years.

Yes, Democrats and Republicans see things from diffrent perspectives, I have
no problem with that.  Nether group is absolutely right or wrong. Its the
rhetoric and the propaganda that is wrong, which is indicative of motive, and
motive is influence by ones moral compass.

The greatness of the United states has been shaped by the tug and pull of our
two political parties and the base upon which this country was founded and
has been held together.

But again you fall into the old game of "well look what Nixon did" So what,
Nixon paid for his "mistakes" and sins against the country and my problem
with those that say that Clinton did not do any thing wrong! is that IT is
still plainly clear- HE LIED UNDER OATH IN A COURT OF LAW

The proscribed punishment for such an offense is JAIL.

Without law-no society can be held together in a civil way.

The lewisnsk thing, I could forgive and forget, If the man had made an
apology and said what He did was wrong. But no: He instead Lied to the people
of this country. he made a bold faced LIE. Not a little white lie-as you
justify it.

The reason the state of affairs are the way they are in Washington these
days: with all the partisan fighting and the digging up of dirt-best left
uncovered-started with the democrats during the Reagan administration.  It is
wrong and counter productive.

I do not hold politicians in low esteem, they are a necessary fact of
government. And I do not expect them to be any diffrent that "normal" people.
But then again I hold all people to as high a standard as possible. I still
believe that the world is better place if we live by one of those religious
axioms. "Treat others the way you want to be treated" and "what you sow, you
reap"

The Clinton years are done and outside of being one of the most corrupt
administrations in recent history, It was not a bad 8 years. Moderated as
they were by congress and the house.  In many respects we got better than we
deserved and could have hoped for.

What I find disturbing is the ease that you have in justify wrongs, just
because its' "on your side of the fence"by calling then entrapment. And just
as troubling is the rights use of charioteer assassination and scare tactics.

This is the quintessential definition of evil. Calling good evil and evil
good.

Well, this is what happens when I read my E-mails after 24 hours of no sleep.

Paul