Re: election - delete if not interested - For Joe H.

Hi Paul,
RE:>> The reason the state of affairs are the way they are in Washington these
days: with all the partisan fighting and the digging up of dirt-best left
uncovered-started with the democrats during the Reagan administration.  It is
wrong and counter productive.
Okay.  Let me put it another way... I personally lost in excess of $100,000
including all of the rental properties investments that I had, which would
neither sell or attract tenants that had jobs (many of them lost their jobs
because of the huge increase in unemployment), and I know of several others that
were smarter that I that lost major busineses--all as a direct result of the
Reagan "supply side economics" plan.  Our country slid into one of the most
pronounced economic recessions since the great depression, all documented by
looking at any number of stock market charts.  Iowa, in particular, was hard hit
with a major deflation to the value of land and we had record numbers of farm
foreclosures.  You probably saw some movies made about this disaster.

It's not wrong or counter productive-- It's a fact and I hope no President ever
tries to get us to swallow such a "economic cure" in one fell swoop again.  Not
much use in giving the patient medicine in such a huge dose that it kills the
patient...even IF the patient needs it.

Gotta run but if I had more time, I'd love to respond to some other points.  You
raise good points that make a person want to rebut!  "Goofy" -- isn't that the
name of a Disney Character?   Convuluted logic?  Hehehe...

Andrew L.