Re: election - delete if not interested

In a message dated 11/21/00 6:47:52 PM Central Standard Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:

<< Actually Andrew
 I have no problem with the ocasional Democrat in the white house.  Just not
 ether one of those bozos.  How can any one not see them for what they really
 are.  We all read the same ( slanted in their favor) news.  I have no hope
 of convincing anyone of the lack of merit inharent in these two.  I will
 just hope that time will demonstrate to the American public, what we have
 really had "leading" us for the last eight years.
 Ran >>
To All:
   I've been employed by the government for 23 years. I've been through a lot
of "leaders" which includes multitudes of political appointees. Clinton
reduced federal employment by 350,000. The last time government employment
was this low was before FDR took office. For the first time, I saw management
actually being held accountable for their actions or lack there of as the
case may be. While Congress passed laws against discrimination in the private
and public sector, Bill Clinton and his appointees enforced the laws better
than any of my previous leaders and attempted to clean up the backlog of
cases built up by the previous administration. Bill Clinton was the first
President to form a National Partnership Council which included Labor Leaders
from all levels of government with the main purpose to make the government
work better and cost less, providing the highest quality of service to our
customers, and improving our working conditions. Our collective bargaining
rights in Federal government are VERY narrow. We can't negotiate pay and we
can't negotiate benefits. Clinton did however mandate to his appointee's that
the permissive subjects (those subjects management could negotiate if they
wanted to BUT NEVER did) Clinton made them mandatory. Clinton promoted
private sector principles in a place where government management for years
had said they wouldn't work because WE WERE GOVERNMENT. In the past eight
years, I saw more worthless paperwork disappear than in all my previous years
of employment combined. It was NOT perfect but at least something got done
and we as employees could see some improvement. Unfortunately we as labor got
so enthusiastic about being included in the decision making processes that we
thought if we produced more we would be rewarded for it. Well, Congress
ignored the Equal Pay Comparability Act because they said "we were in an
economic crisis" for the past eight years! Clinton did support our meager
cost of living increases.
    Do I respect Clinton's moral character NO but I do have GREAT respect for
his ability to take an outdated, paper pushing, take for ever to get anything
done government and lead it into the proper direction and make it MUCH more
efficient.
    Also as a woman in a predominately male orientated job, I have to give
him the credit for changing management's attitude towards female workers from
being just a quota or number in the Reagan years to acceptance and in some
instances respect in the Clinton years. He did this by appointing VERY
professional and qualified women whenever possible at least in the part of
the USDA where I work.
    I urge everyone to READ what Congress is doing and Andrew has provided
some very good websites. Read the laws and who is making them. You might be
surprised at what you read and you might be surprised to see how bipartisan
some of them are.

Solidarity, Katherine A. Klass
                4439 Valhalla Road
                New Franken, WI. 54229