Re: Hosta question

----- Original Message -----
From: <KT1140@aol.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 8:28 AM
Subject: Hosta question
*********************
Kent
I have tried (once) moving Tc liners to an unheated garage.  Killed all of
them.  I am assuming uoui just want to get as much growth on them in the
next 12 months as you can.  I would keep them growing , now, as long as they
remain active. In Feb. you should ether start to "cool" them , or they may
start to go dormant on their own.  At that point, you can bare root them,
roll them into lightly moist newspapre (several layers) and put in a
Zip-Lock type bag in the veg. drawer of your fridge, for six weeks.  at the
end of that time they will be ready to repot and start (under lights) for
spring.
Ran
 I have a few TC liners I am thinking of forcing dormancy in late January.
How should I do