Re: election - delete if not interested- To Ran

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: election - delete if not interested- To Ran

Hi Ran,
Glad to be able to talk to one of my more recently added, "famous" Hosta Mentors (Russ O'Harra will always be #1 because he's the one who gave me the drugs...).  You will still allow me to buy some of your fantastic new additions to the genus, won't you?  ... Even after I attempt to dissuade you from this questionable line of reasoning?
Business and politics and friends, fall into different pockets for me.  By far, most of the of my friends seem to be liberals when you come to that.  I am, as I believe you are, having fun with the process here, and in fact believe there need to be two sides.  Can you imagine a country with all Republicans ! ! !

But surprise, surprise! You guys don't have a corner on the market for "the best" either.  Decent at times, maybe.  As an example, what in heaven's name has your G. Dubya dreamed up now?  That the Florida Supreme Court may not have "jurisdiction" because there is no law on this matter?  Just who in the sam patch do his lawyers think HAS jurisdiction?

I watched the lawyers present their cases, and will admit, with in the confines, of what was discussed, the Republican lawyers did not shine.  They did though, when discussing the law , make the point, that the laws already in place, should be observed.  It seems that the notion of the ( all Democrat except one "independent" , and of course unbiased , appointed not elected, judges) was to see if they could figure out how to change the law ( read "will of the people") .  They seem to have done that.  But as the real laws in effect there , were in fact voted on by "the people" and enacted and enforced by folks , elected by " the people"  I have to question the rightness of this latest devlopment!

 Because there is no specific law written, I suppose we should not even TRY to count the ballots?  Believe me, I trust these people out in the precincts--that live in the neighborhoods like where you and I live--a lot more than I trust either George OR Al, or especially their lawyers.   As long as this counting effort has overseers that are from both parties, I can't understand the objection.  This new twist, however, sure shows signs of desparately trying to keep those that voted from having their votes counted...I say count the whole blasted state again and get it done quickly ...

I wopuld like to see a real recount.  But where will this kind of thing end , how many states need to do hand recounts.  What rules will govern all this.  How long will I need to still put up with Clinton!  & Company

I'm not expecting any Republicans to embrace the "liberal Democratic" platform.  Nor should you expect any Democratic to embrace the "conservative Republican" platform.  What I can't understand is why people refuse to see the good that has come during a President's watch--to give them the appropriate credit where credit is due.  While I might have hated the damage to my personal prosperity during the early years of the Reagan watch, I certainly commended him for the effort with Gorbechov.  In fact, I know I voted for him at least once (Lord, forgive me "for I know not what I do"...Hehehe).

Earlier to day, Joe rightfully pointed out, the delayed effect of any adminstration on the economy.  It has been shown over and over again, that the total effect of policy enacted be any adminstration can take a few years to go into full effect.  since many of our voters in the US are woefully uninformed, ( and want to remain that way)  They are willing to believe the false notons put forth be ether side that they deserve credit for any current successes.  Of failers they can easly figure to blame on past adminstrations.  By the way, I guess Reagan " did it alone"  No Democrats in congress then?

BTW, I love the term "bozos".  I believe it may be a poetic ONOMATOPOEIA (a word that I knew how to say but for the life of me, could not spell).  Love that Internet for finding stuff quick...

And Ran, better keep those snow tools handy!  The Hostas around here could sure use some of your snow...

Actually we only have a couple of inches here ( right now) but all around us, they are measuring it in feet!

Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman            http://hostahaven.com
HostaHaven.com                       mailto:andrewl@hostahaven.com
1250 41st Street                     515-274-0300 voice
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516