Re: election - delete if not interested - For Joe H.

Ran, I think that after teetering on the edge for the last few weeks you have
finally fallen off the deep end.  Conservative paranoia has gripped your mind.

I think your idea that the Gore campaign will do anything possible to win this
election is probably correct. Just as I think that the Bush campaign will do the
same.  But your presumption that every Democrat in Florida or anywhere else is
trying to steal your election is a Rush Limbaughism.

First of all, your assumption that the Florida Supreme Court is biased because
the judges were appointed during Democratic administrations is ludicrous.
Should we Democrats fear the US Supreme Court because most of the Justices were
nominated by Republicans.  Not everyone, especially when you get to that level,
is a rabid partisan.  The Justices did not ignore the law, they ruled that the
laws were in conflict with each other and that the need to count all the votes
was just as important as the need to elect George Bush.  Obviously Republicans
would disagree.

I have seen the Bush campaign spokeslady talking about all the ballots that the
counters are taping together, repunching and such, and I wonder, what are the
Republican observers doing at this time.  From what I can tell by watching the
process on CNN, four people are doing the count, two counters plus a Democrat
and a Republican observer, then three more officials look at each disputed
ballot with a TV camera over each shoulder.  The idea that seven people, even if
it is six crooked Democrats and one lonely browbeaten Republican, would conspire
to tape the republican chads back in place and punch out the Democratic hole
leads me to wonder if there is anything you people won't believe if somebody in
the Bush campaign feeds it to you.

And you rant about nothing falling in Bush's favor.  Well, how about the fact
that Gore is not getting near as many votes so far as expected.  Do you think
that in addition to being crooked, we Democrats are so incompetent that we
couldn't steal an election if we wanted?  And if you're smugly sitting there
shaking your head "yes", then you don't really have anything to worry about.

I know Gore really wants to win, as does Dubya.  But for the vast majority of us
unscrupulous Democrats, all we want is for every legally cast ballot to be
counted.  As much as I dislike Dubya, if he won the most votes in Florida, even
though more Americans voted for Gore, (unless you've found some conspiracy there
too) I will accept him as my duly elected President.  I lived through Nixon and
Reagan, I can live through Dubya.  It might even be fun(ny).  I wish you
conservatives could do the same.

It's the American way Ran.

Just sitting here watching those orders roll in while I keep you focused on this