Re: election - delete if not interested - For Joe H.

In a message dated 11/22/00 1:42:05 AM Central Standard Time,
halinar@open.org writes:

<< Liberals want government to take care of them while conservatives want
 to take care of themsleves.   >>

Then lets get rid of the following
EPA = Andrew won't have to worry about being certified he can spray anything
and everything with as much as he wants without a care for anyone's health.
FDA= lower the cost of drugs
USDA= get rid of ALL the Farm subsidies to the Farmers for everything from
soup to nuts. We can eliminate the Federal School Lunch program which
supplies millions of tons of food commodities to the states. Eliminate the
food Inspection program. Eliminate the FHA which provides low cost loans to
the Farmers. Eliminate crop subsidies and ALL the agricultural research.
DOT= To hell with our federal Highway system the conservatives don't need it.
FBI= They are just bother some
CIA= Just sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong
IRS= yippee no more tax collection
Treasury Dept= surely wouldn't need them to print our money.
OSHA= no problem with work safety it's on the top big business's list
DOL= to hell with OWCP benefits. If you hurt someone on the job, fire them
and replace them with someone else who is healthy. eliminate overtime pay
totally and who cares about child labor.
EEOC= Surely Equal Employment Opportunity is definitely a waste. Big Business
can be counted on to treat everyone fairly and equitably
US Customs Service= no problem with illegal aliens or trade issues.
FFA= who needs organization in the sky's
FCC= This is a real waste. Regulating what is on the air.
Medicare and Medicaid= individuals should be responsible for their aging
parents health care
SSA= this should be the first to go then politicians from both parties would
have one less thing to argue about.
DOE= second thing to go because it's just another thing to argue about our
children's education.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and the conservatives definitely don't
need any of the above they can take care of themselves. If government is
really not needed why do the conservatives always block legislation giving us
the right to strike. Reagan got rid of the Air Traffic controllers easily
enough so what it took twice as many employees to replace them. It was great
PR.

Solidarity, Katherine A. Klass
                4439 Valhalla Road
                New Franken, WI. 54229