Re: election - delete if not interested - esp RAN&Chick

----- Original Message -----
From: Kate Ardissono <ardissono@home.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: election - delete if not interested - esp RAN&Chick
Now Kate
Let's look at some facts.I agree that George B. will no doubt loosten up
some of the Alaska lands ( previously closed)for oil exploration..No one
could be more intrested in the direction true conservation ( not the
political kind) is taking, than I am.   But ---  As I am sure you know, much
oil is now being pumped and shipped in and across Alaska.  You know what ,
the same thing has been done in Texas ,New Mexico  Pensylvania, California,
and many other places.  None of them seems to be suffering much from years
of this. I live near the oldest fields in the USA (just below me in
Pennsylvania)  these fields have been continously pumping for almost 100
years.  Wild life is thriving !!  Deer ,Quail, Turkey and even Bears and
Elk, are thriving there. Hunters come from all over eastern USA because it
is juch a good area. The rich forest cover, is intact. Plants, even the
fragile ones, ase actually recovering from poor farming pracitices,
un-impaired by oil production. I must tell you that the laws governing this
in PA are minor conpaired with those in place in Alaska.  It is another lie
by those with an agenda to make enviromentilisim the " controlling legal
authority" worldwide.  Do you really think those people care a wit for the
enviroment.  You do?  OK look at these facts.  Al Gore and his family have
major investments in oil and oil production !  Oil has paid for many of AG
's expenses Including some of his hotel stays on the campaign trail.  In
fact a report a few days ago , noted that on the watch of the present
adminstration, new Al;aska fields have been OPENED UP! We do have a need to
explore new energy sources, and new ways of looking at transportation.  I
think ether man will address the issue as best he can, but this is a long
term problem, and we are going to need reasonable prices for energy in the
mean time.  I don't know who IS "buddies" with who, but you have to see Al
in the same light as George on this one.