Re: For Joe H.

In a message dated 11/23/00 1:49:08 AM Central Standard Time,
halinar@open.org writes:

<< I do believe in government, but I also believe that government should
 only do those things that government is suppose to do and everythiong
 else should be done with as little government interferance as
 possible. >>
 Joe:
   What are those things that government is doing NOW that they aren't
supposed to do? People complain about too much government but they never
specifically tell me what is too much.

<< If you want the right to strike, then get a job in the civilian work
force! Take responsibility for yourself! >>

If I want the right to strike, I believe that working from within through
Unionism to gain that right for NOT only myself but for every civilian
government employee IS being responsible. It's easy to be responsible to only
yourself especially with unemployment below 4%. It takes hard work,
intestinal fortitude AND responsibility to work within a system to change it.
The Conservatives in Congress don't want to give us the same rights as the
private sector and in my opinion that isn't being fair much less being
responsible. In fact, the Conservatives in Congress don't even think that the
private sector should have the right to strike either! They think like you
responsibility only applies to one's self. I shudder to think that everyone
in this Country was only responsible to one's self if that was the case WE
would surely not be the great nation that we are today.

Solidarity, Katherine A. Klass
                4439 Valhalla Road
                New Franken, WI. 54229
                phone 1-920-866-2413