Calling All Radio Hosts: March Against Gore in Washington
Mike Gallagher
Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2000
I make my living as a radio talk show host. And as this travesty in Florida has unfolded, it has occurred to me that all of us who are talk hosts have a huge resource of listeners, of voices who are begging to be heard. As Al Gore continues his attempt to steal this election using sleazy liberal Florida Supreme Court justices to rewrite Florida election law, it's time to stop all the talk and actually DO something about this nightmare.

If every single local, regional and national radio talk show host reached out to his or her audience, we could put together a rally in Washington, on or around Inauguration Day, that could be the mother of all political protests.

I truly believe that what's happening in Florida could very well lead to Al Gore stealing this election. If he does, I believe in my heart that millions of people will rise up in a "conservative revolution." I hear the passion, anger and frustration from my callers all over the country each and every day. This is bigger than Clinton's impeachment, this is an act of presidential larceny. And people know it.

And so, it is with this in mind that I'd like to reach out to every single radio talk show host in America with this open letter:

Dear Fellow Talk Host:

Our listeners are outraged at Al Gore's efforts to steal this election. So let's break down our competitive instincts and reach out to one another by galvanizing our collective audiences for the biggest rally of conservatives this country has ever seen.

If all of us worked together, we'd have plenty of time to organize a march on Washington on or about Inauguration Day. The planning and execution would be simple. We determine the exact time, place and events and invite every man, woman and child who listens to us to attend. I think you'll be stunned at the level of participation we'd receive. Naturally, it would be wonderful if you could be able to broadcast from D.C. during this historic rally. If not, just promoting the rally in advance on your show would be enough.

Are you in? We need to get the ball rolling. First, we should quickly organize a planning committee. If interested, you'd join me in New York City for a meeting to strategize and organize our efforts. This meeting should take place within the next week or two. I'd like to have around 20 to 25 hosts on this committee. Furthermore, I'd like to hear from each and every talk host who would like to participate by agreeing to announce this rally on your show and keeping your listeners updated.

If you can travel to New York and be on our planning committee, or if you want to participate by inviting your listeners to join us, contact me as soon as you can in any of the following ways: e-mail us at: rmitchell@mikeonline.com; fax us at 1-800-821-6453; or write us at: The Mike Gallagher Show, Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Ave., #1818, New York, NY 10118.

This could be the start of something very, very big. If every single host took part in this rally, history could be made. Let's put our on-air efforts to good use and let the REAL will of the people be heard. And don't worry about giving anyone else credit: this is YOUR event, for YOUR listeners, on YOUR radio show. Let's unite and make the kind of difference that all of us can be proud of.

Please contact me and let's do this!!!

Mike Gallagher