H. 'Uzo No Mai' Question

So I'm trying an experiment and would like feedbak. I have three 'Uzo No
Mai'. Usually one of them survives the winter here, esp. if we have
heavy snow cover, but never all three. So this year I took some advice
and potted one up, then left the little pot outside until it was solidly
frozen. Then I rolled the little pot (3" diameter) in tripled sheets of
newspaper, dampened it a bit, put it in a ziplock bag, and put the bag
in the veg tray of my refrigerator.

Here's where the question comes in. I am in Zone 3b-4a at best (ND-MN
border). At what point should I take the 'Uzo No Mai' out of its dark
cocoon and present it to the light? Spring (say, April 1)? Then if it's
survived, just plant it outside around the first of May?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am somewhat less pessimistic
when John Lanier tells me he has trouble keeping this little hosta from
year to year (Hi John).

Kris