Re: For Joe H.

Kate:

>What are those things that government is doing NOW that they aren't
>supposed to do?

Lets start with some small examples.  For example, the federal
government telling state governments what speed limits they have to
set, what blood alcohol level to set for DUI's, Hillary's attempt to
nationalize health care so that government would tell you what doctor
you could see, what treatment you would get and what prescription
drugs you could take.  On a larger scale, running a Ponzi Scheme
called Social Security.  I'm sure if I sat down and spent some time at
it I could come up with a lot of examples.

>I shudder to think that everyone in this Country was only responsible
>to one's self if that was the case WE would surely not be the great
>nation that we are today.

If that weren't the case then we wouldn't be the country we are today.
This country was built on individualism.  People WALKED across the
prairies to make a better home for themselves.  The great inventions
that shaped this country were developed by individuals.  This country
found it's strength in individual responsibility and the family - not
on government taking care of people.

Joe Halinar