Removal Request

Strange that this forum wants to remove Beth A. when this rhetoric is much
more inflammatory and not based of total facts!!!  I guess you can't take it
but you can sure dish it out……….

This forum has been abused as a political adgena for the past several
weeks.........  so now the sudden concern??  I agree that enough has been
said politically,  but it has been easy for me to delete the politics from my
email.

halinar@open.org wrote:

> Andrew:

  As I
> remember it, we had an election and Bush won, by a close count in
> Florida.  Florida had a recount and Bush won again!

Dear Joe, don't you get the same news information where you live that we
do in North Carolina??  The information we get here is that Mr. Gore far
and away won the popular vote, and is well ahead, at this point, in
electoral votes.  Haven't you heard that where you live?

> Andrew, have you been diagnosed as being paranoid?  You are going way
> off the deep end here.

Now Joe, your personal attack here sounds exactly like what the
republican party did to the Clintons during practically every second the
Congress was in session during the last four years.  Seems odd that they
couldn't make any of the allegations stick!  Do you have any idea at all
what the $55,000,000 spent on just one of the republican attack dogs
(Ken Star) could have done for school children in America, to say
nothing of the enormous congressional salaries paid by the beleagered
tax payers?  Does it matter to you at all that President Clinton is and
has been the most popular and effective President in American history??
Like me, and perhaps a few other people in America, he is not PERFECT,
however, and he broke no laws.

> >Al has a lot of weaknesses.
>
> And a sore loser!

Talking about personal weaknesses!  I have managed to get to be 66 years
old without getting busted for a single DUI, and I can assure you that
if I had done that at the age of 30, I would not have brushed it off as
a "youthful" mistake.  The republican vice presidential candidate is
also apparently lacking in personal judgement, having gotten not one,
but two DUI's.  And, do you have ANY feelings at all about the manifest
honesty and integrity of a party (republican) putting a man on the
republican ticket who has already had four heart attacks, a 4 way
coronary by-pass, and appears to be grossly overweight, a condition not
good, by any standard, for a man with his known health problems?

> >I believe Al has been very Presidential in his speeches since this
> >hotly contested battle became a nightmare
>
> Gore has been nothing but a spolied brat.  If he were presidental he
> would have conceded after he lost the recount.

So would Bush, Mr. Halinar.  This brings up a good point.  We have at
last reached a juncture in our history where we had to choose between
the lesser of two evils.

> >If [Bush] DOES become the next President of the US, and if he has to
> >run against Hillary four years later, I think it could be an exciting
> >race.
>
> Looks like a good possibility AND it would make an interesting race.

On top of that, is the clear fact that if President Clinton could have
run again he would have been re-elected in the largest landslide in
history.  This is a certainty if the present republican candidate is the
best the republican party has to offer!
John Lanier

--
MissVitro Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory
John and Laura Lanier