Further research at the Staples site for label makers also revealed a Dymo
Labelwriter EL60 Printer that will print labels up to 2.25" wide.
The Brother PT2500-PC only uses tape .25" to 1" wide.

I wonder how long these labels will hold up in the sun and weather?

When I looked at label makers a few months ago, a draw back that I found was
the price of the tape.
Doing just a few plants won't break the bank. But the cost to do 200-300 or
more made me wonder if a more permanent label, tag etc would be better
despite an even higher price tag.

Ran  make some plant makers out of aluminum (I believe). Maybe he will
refresh our memory about them.

Preston Littleton ( plittleton@ce.net )
Seaford DE
zone 7