Re: Talkin' Hostas {printing one's own labels}

At 12:51 PM 11/25/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>I for one, don't want anyone removed from this, or any other forum. I, for
>one, just want this forum used to discuss hostas, for a change!
>Does anyone have thoughts, or recommendations, for a software program that
>can print tag labels? I don't mean for the Eon or Paw Paw metal ones, I mean
>for the plastic ones you run through a printer. I'd like for it to be able
>to have the ability to print a logo, (like one of my fairies) and a plant
>name, along with other data I may want to add, like Originator, place of
>purchase, date of purchase, etc. I'm thinking I'd like to print both sides,
>one side with my fairy and the plant name, and on the back, other stuff. Is
>this possible?
>Your thoughts are appreciated.
>Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)

Lu ..other than doing peel'n'stick labels i.e. doing the printing directly
onto water-proof labels:
-- the plastic labels are available, and most Nurseries use them.

I'm thinking that perhaps Robyn Duback of: www.robynsnestnursery.com
might tell us where she gets the plastic labels she prints onto --  For
that matter, anyone printing their own labels?

Re: Software to do this printing? ..one of my other sideline hobbies, is
looking at various computer software & trying same.  I have quite a few
CD's loaded with various computer programs, some of which is label-printing
orientated.  I could check these out, if you like; and if per chance, I do
find a good labelling program, I can copy it onto a CD and mail it to
you?  Finding the labels, one is going to print onto, seems like the first
step tho'? LOL!

hope this helps

Bill Nash\Canada