Re: Talkin' Hostas {labels lasting almost'evermore}

HERE'S A GOOD QUOTABLE --<paste below>--
  1. Label, label, label. Don't wait until those plastic tags have faded or
been scattered by the leaf blower, re-label all your new hostas now. I like
to bury a plastic label with the hosta name written in pencil at the same
position for each hosta clump in the bed, say 3 o'clock as you view it from
the path. They will last for years underground.
================= end quote
TO: Lu Treadway\etc ..the above quoteable *A TIP OF THE DAY*, comes to you
from webstit: www.hostashostas.com (Bob Solberg's site)

another consideration, to expensive & time consuming *Label Making* ideas? LOL!

:-B))
Bill Nash\Canada
-- regarding email below
At 12:51 PM 11/25/2000 -0800, LU'you wrote:
>Does anyone have thoughts, or recommendations, for a software program that
>can print tag labels? I don't mean for the Eon or Paw Paw metal ones, I mean
>for the plastic ones you run through a printer. I'd like for it to be able
>to have the ability to print a logo, (like one of my fairies) and a plant
>name, along with other data I may want to add, like Originator, place of
>purchase, date of purchase, etc. I'm thinking I'd like to print both sides,
>one side with my fairy and the plant name, and on the back, other stuff. Is
>this possible?
>
>Your thoughts are appreciated.
----

the above Solberg Suggestion is called use of "a pencil" written on
plastic, and to bury the label...
                 Personally tho', I would use aluminium sheeting, cut down
to whatever size is wanted; and the data, is cut right into the metal
itself, using an engraver! I prefer to place my labels at 6-oclock, which
is directly in front of the plant in question.  Now? ..If you can get
someone's kids, to remove bicycle spokes for you, these never rust, and
making a nail-hole in the aforementioned engraved aluminium label, allows
for the label to be attached to same.  Frost heave, will not throw a label
out of the ground, which is sitting attached to a bicycle spoke and stuck
into the ground, and the wire will never rust, nor will the
aluminium.  Will will betcha'all, this kind of label, can be read hereafter
and evermore; and'me'thinks, T'iz called "lasting forever?" er almost'evermore!

T'is really nice, to dig a seedling many many years after starting it, and
to be able to read the original aluminium label? ..yup! :)

simply entertain'MINTS! <-> just ignore me?
;B))