>For Barcodes, we have
>found it easier to print the barcode on clear plastic labels with a laser
>printer and then stick them on the pot labels.

I like this approach a lot.  However, it doesn't appear to be practical in
our retail environment.  Pot labels get moved, lost, switched, etc.  We've
gone to laser-printable sheets of 10 labels, each 8.5 x 1".  We attach them
to the one gallon & up pots with what my highly-trained staff calls the
"needle-gun".  A hollow needle shoots a plastic fastener through the tag
and pot.  Works great so long as you keep your fingers out of the way
(speaking from painful experience).