Re: Catalpa Tree

  • Subject: Re: Catalpa Tree
  • From: ShayDguy@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:05:49 EST

Does anybody have experience with this tree?

I have a huge Catalpa growing in my rear garden.  It is 5-6 stories tall and at least 7' in diameter.  I have three hosta beds in the immediate area and have noted no problems with roots damaging the hosta.  It is very shady under this tree, so the hosta probably would be larger if more sun got to them.  The large leaves, seed pods and fragile limbs are a nusiance, but it isn't nearly as "dirty" as my neighbor's two Sycamore's.  They are pure nasty.

Jim Dixon