Re: Apples Trees {seeds wanted & needed and desperately seeking?}

  • Subject: Re: Apples Trees {seeds wanted & needed and desperately seeking?}
  • From: Bill Nash <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:55:03 -0500

Glen Williams et al:
``````````````` Try getting some pet-friends, having a good appetite for
apples! ..perhaps? ;)
ON ANOTHER TOPIC ...Two Hosta Societies in Oklahoma, i.e. Oklahoma City and
Tulsa: are trying to establish a viable Hosta/Hemerocallis Seed Bank, in
order to generate greater enthusiasm of this genus.

Anyone, who would like to donate seeds for this undertaking, is invited to
contact: "Mrs. Betsy Mahtani, Route 1, Box 213BB, CLEVELAND, OKLAHOMA, USA,
74020"  <bmathani@flash.net>

BTW... I will personally buy all of the apple seed you can provide?

quad'ZILLION'thanx t'y'all, in advance, and remaining

sincerely yours
:-J)) <johnny'appleseed?>
aka "Bill Nash Guelph Ontario Canada Zone 4" <raffi@sympatico.ca>

AND HAPPY REMEMBERANCE DAY TO ALL: "Peace!in our time?"
<----------------- and pertaining to e-mail below ---------------------->
At 01:22 PM 11/11/2001 -0500, Glen Williams wrote:

>This e-mail covers stupid questions #31 and #32.
>
>First, is there anyway (an easy quick way- like a warning sign)  to prevent
>the pollination of a number of my apple trees? I have one tree which I
>spray and it meets my apple needs. The other three trees litter the ground
>and hosta beds with apples which are a mess to take care of in the late
>fall and early winter. They are also a deer lure which I could do without.
>I like the trees and their spring bloom, just not the fruit of their
>collective pollinations. So, beyond cutting the trees down and holding the
>neighborhood bees captive, if there a way to cut down on this late fall
>bounty?
>
>Stupid question #32: What am I doing to the soil by leaving some of the
>apples in the flower beds over the winter...which is not to say that I can
>remove what is left in the spring. I have always thrown  the drops on the
>compost  without concern, but I now wonder if the chemistry of the soil is
>being changed in the hosta beds.  Please do not suggest making cider...fall
>is filled with enough work.
>
>"If only words would keep their meaning and live up to their promise...or
>is it me?"
>Glen Williams
>20 Dewey St.
>Springfield , Vermont