Re: He's working on it!

  • Subject: Re: He's working on it!
  • From: "Kate Ardissono" <ardissono@home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:52:23 -0600

Let Ran know we understand (at least I do).  Norton stopped it on my machine.  I've got my scheduler set up to check Norton's site for updates. Norton seems to be more responsive and easier to update.  I'm on an alert bulletin board from Carnagie and I've noticed Norton always responded to Carnagie alerts where McAfee seemed to do nothing.  We've had more problems at work with machines on McAffee then the ones with Norton.  I also renew my support contracts with Norton.  It's been worth it to prevent troubles.

Hope everyone has a good turkey day!  There are good turkey day cards on both Bluemountainarts.com and Americangreetings.com

Yours,
Kate
Hi Guys,

I have been in touch with poor Ran and he is beside himself over this computer virus.  He has tried many suggestions and plans to get a Norton program to install after the holiday weekend.

He is extremely frustrated that the McAfee software that he had installed on his machine did not protect him or stop the virus from spreading.

Sorry to all on Ran's behalf,
Carol in CT....a fellow recent victim of the Magistr virus