Re: Recommendations wanted

  • Subject: Re: Recommendations wanted
  • From: "Kirsten O'Dell" ilikehostas@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:22:32 -0600

I think that my absolute favorite hosta, just for the flower alone, would have to be Ming Treasure, one of the larger hosta. It has a huge white trumpet shaped flower that on my first year plant stood about 36 inches. The flower itself was about 4-6 inches long and lasted for about 2 weeks. And then on the other side of the spectrum is the very small hosta Lemon Lime. Its cute little purple blooms just cover the whole plant and it not only blooms for a very long time but will sometimes send out a second flush of bloom.

Also you should check into The Hosta Library searchable database at www.hostalibrary.com. I entered "purple" into the flower color section and got over 300 entries found!

Have Fun
Kirsten