prepping for winter

  • Subject: prepping for winter
  • From: Betbarr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:58:22 EST

Our temps dropped into the 30's and 40's a month ago, and I have been
watching my hostas turn golden. echoing the yellows of a million maple leaves
cascading down over them.  I have always cleaned up my garden at the end of
the season  in the hope that I can be off and running in the spring.
Obviously, this year is different, and maybe that's one of the fun things
that keep us on our toes.

 It's just too cold to do more than plant the many bulbs I always over-buy as
I dream of  spring.  Would someone
 be kind enough to tell me if my garden of hostas will survive if I just
leave it under it's blanket of leaves.   Thanks for the usual good advice I
often find in this dedicated group of  hosta devotees.

Betty Barrows
Kinderhook, NY
Zone 5 in my protected and totally shady garden  -