Re: prepping for winter

  • Subject: Re: prepping for winter
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:14:48 EST

I too have that same question..

Frosts hit us early and hard. My hostas never got the chance to turn colors.
They are green and on the ground.
I started the first bed and was dismayed to find some crowns soft.
Leaves are coming off easily.
I got another bed done today...and one or two there were moist.
Seems my older hostas seem to have more troubles getting rid of all the
moisture in the leaves...The smaller ones still look good.

I am not going to get to all the beds before the snow hits...but I will try
to get at least one more done.
Then spend the winter worrying...

Anybody else have this happen in their gardens?