Shredder Help

  • Subject: Shredder Help
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:13:33 -0500

I am looker for a good leaf shredder. Since I only have about 15 minutes of
lawn left, a shredder/mower would be pointless, especially now that I only
use a reel lawnmower. I have composted leaves for years but space has
become a premium in this process. I bought an electric leaf shredder a
couple of years ago for $100.00. On a good day it could reduce a 40 gal bag
of maple leaves to small flakes in 13 hours......and that is only if the
leaves weren't wet; there would be a 50 % chance of a blackout on the East
coast if I were to use it again.   I have the vacuum suck-up-leaves-and
shred-them portable model and hate it, ever since a vole went through it. I
would like something that does not sound like a convention of Hell's Angels
starting their engines.  Stationary but not cumbersome. Fast but not loud.
Easy to store. Under $49.95 would be nice too. Any printable suggestions?

Hebdomad  n: a week; seven days
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont