Re: Naming genes in hosta

  • Subject: Re: Naming genes in hosta
  • From: "W. George Schmid" hostahill@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:43:30 -0500

Andrew, All,

In his earlier work (1990), Myong Gi Chung, when here at UGA, used a similar
system for isoenzyme systems data. Then it was PGM a to z, PGM aa to az, ba
to bz a.s.o and a similarly for PGI, IDH, 6-P, TPI, and DIA (in compiled
frequency data for these six enzyme systems from 47 populations of Korean
species). Chung might be a good start. He also developed acronyms for
phenotypical characters but I am not certain they agree with later
constructs. I'll participate, but only peripherally. George

W. George Schmid
Hosta Hill - Tucker Georgia USA
Zone 7a - 1188 feet AMSL
84-12'-30" West_33-51' North