RE: Question on over wintering hosta in pots

  • Subject: RE: Question on over wintering hosta in pots
  • From: "Mary Chastain" MC_Hosta@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:54:59 -0500

Butch, Of course I am not George but I believe there are factors other than
temperature that need to be considered. Freeze and thaw can cause a lot of
trouble even in mild climate. The type of soil used for potting also
contributes to the saving or loss. Keeping the container dry or allowing
moisture to enter has to be considered.
Just things to think about.
Mary