Re: Mentors

In a message dated 10/31/98 6:58:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, CCREDUX@AOL.COM
 writes:

 << For history, let us each name people that each of us considers as those
 that have inspired us in the cultivation of hostas. >>

 #1  My Grandmother, Elizabeth F. Gleason, who inspired my love of
Horticulture
 as a toddler when all I could do was follow her around the garden tightly
 clasping her coat tails for support...her favorite Hosta was the "August
Lily"
 or "Fall Flowering Funkia" as she called it...because of its beauty and
aroma!

 #2  Paul Aden...It was the first edition of his book that really got me
 hooked...At first I wanted them all...now I only want all the "Exotic"
 varieties...How do you spell Tattoo??

 #3  I've got to say the opinionated character, Mr. Clyde Crockett
himself...he
 has sent our UNYHS group some really interesting varieties in the past and
I'm
 looking forward to what surprises arrive for 1999!!

 Hope this is as thought provoking for each of you as it has been for me...

 Best wishes,
 Dave UNYHS Zone 4/5
 Where the Impatiens outside are still blooming!