Re: snow and fert

In a message dated 11/1/98 11:56:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
plittleton@ce.net writes:

<< I read somewhere about applying fertilizer on top of a late winter snow for
an "early spring" application. What do you think? What application rate and
formula? >>

From the stand point of being good for the Environment...I strongly advise
against this practice.  The soil will be either partially frozen or so water
logged that most of what you apply has the potential to be washed off and end
up as pollution in surface water somewhere.  Please wait until you can see
those first Hosta shoots poking through the soil!!

Thanks for asking though...
Dave UNYHS Cofounder and 1st President