Re: Hosta Viruses

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/18/1998 11:42:33 PM Central Standard Time,
> Meum71@aol.com writes:
> << The "cure" would be worse than the
>  problem.
>  Culling out vires infected plants is a very small price to pay. But thankfuly
>  this is not a big problem.
>   >>
> I hope you are right. But I think you are not. I do know that you are wrong
> when you say it is not a big problem.
> "Culling out," as you put it, is not a solution.
> I do not quite understand what you mean by "the 'cure' would be worse than the
> problem." The problem is that the AHS has been spending a lot of our money in
> the wrong places.  If that is what you meant, I agree. I shall sign my name.
> Will you do so?
> Clyde Crockett z5
problem (and most do) we do not see it on many summers.  This means that
even the "culling" option is not always easy.  This summer wh had more
dry heat here than usual, and I was able to "flag" all plants that showed
symptoms.  We have removed those, and will wathc those general areas
carefully.  Like Clyde, I wish I could call this a monor problem, but I
know better.  I have watched this "infection" move into new areas for the
last few years, and I know that something more than culling is going to
be needed to controll it.
Ran Lydell