Re: Hosta Viruses

In a message dated 11/19/98 8:43:00 AM Central Standard Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:

<< RL wrote:
 > I have watched this "infection" move into new areas for the
 > last few years, and I know that something more than culling is going to
 > be needed to controll it.
 > Ran Lydell*************
 Sorry all
  That a reference to Nematodes, which is what the current money from the Ahs
 members is being spent on.
 Ran >>
Nematodes are a different story than Viruses, and thankfully an easier problem
to cure.
Living in Minnesota I hope puts me out of the cold tolerance of Hosta root
nematodes. Its a problem I have not seen. But I know it's a problem in Japan.