Re: Hosta Viruses

In a message dated 11/19/1998 2:34:15 PM Central Standard Time, Meum71@aol.com
writes:

<< Nematodes are a different story than Viruses, and thankfully an easier
problem
 to cure. >>
Please forgive me if I have missread the above;but, the way it is phrased, it
appears that Meum is saying that the nematode problem is easier to cure than
the virus infestations.

In one sense, this is correct, for there are nematicides that will kill
nematodes;but the expense is great. Also, I am not sure that the treatments
are really effective.

I have had my garden treated twice with what is considered to be the most
effective treatment for nematodes. I still find infected plants.

Also, I am not sure that there is a cold zone where nematodes will not
survive. Would appreciate receiving literature on this aspect.

Thanks,

Cyde Crockett z5 (where we have extended temps below 0 degrees F).