First catalog received.

Got my first hosta price list for 1999 today, Naylor Creek.  Love the pics
of Kiwi Spearmint, Monopoly and Hidden Cove.  Outside my price range but a
couple I'll be looking for in a few years.

Is anyone familiar with the species kiyosumiensis?  It's described as having
microscopically toothed margins and sounds interesting.  Do any of the
experts feel that the serration could be developed more thru
self crossing?   A hosta with a shark's tooth edge, wouldn't that be wild!
Any opinions on how to go about it?  Would selfing be the best way, or out
crossing?  Gotta get this one just to experiment with.  Also think I'll be
adding laevigata to the collection.  Gotta stop this, I should be
concentrating on Christmas gifts for others, not myself.  Wonder if I can
convince anyone to get them for me as gifts.

Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net