Hosta History---'Spilt Milk'

Dear All,

Just on the 'phone with Mildred Seaver. I finally asked her the question that
i have always wanted to ask but have always forgotten to ask her: "Why wasn't
'Spilt Milk' registered?"

Here is the story: Some many years ago registration material was sent by Dr.
Kevin Vaughn on behalf of Mildred to register it. Registration was refused
because of a technicality---no side picture.

After that Mildred's position was that there were too many other things going
on in her life than to  fill out registration forms, which were then quite
demanding. ( I personally think they are still arcane.)

Clyde Crockett  z5 <ccredux@aol.com>