Hot pepper spray?

Has anyone tried the commercially available hot pepper spray as a deer
deterrant?

We also are overrun with deer, though my hosta gardens are in the front
yard and so far the deer have contented themselves with knoshing on kudzu
and eating my daylily buds the day before they open.  :-(

And an interesting tidbit: Here on the Oak Ridge Reservation they
instituted annual lottery hunts to control deer about 10 years ago. Prior
to that time there had been no hunting allowed on the Reservation since the
fence went up in '42.  Anyway, one little twist..Before you take home your
prize, you have to take it by the checking station where in addition to the
usual measurements, they also check the carcass for radioactivity. Every
year there are a few that come through that are 'hot'.

Acouple of years ago, there were two guys that came through together with
two extrememly hot deer. Upon grilling by the state wildlife officer, it
turned out that the two had scaled a 12 ft fence into a restricted
contamination area because "everybody knows that's where the biggest deer
are. The radioactivity makes them that way!"

I kid you not. Not a direct quote but close enough. (And I'm still
wondering how they got the deer back over that fence!)

Gerry