Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #506

  • To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
  • Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #506
  • From: Tim Chavez <timchavez@fn.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:11:49 -0500

My Opinion Aired;
Ninety plus percent of this, my last Hosta-Open Digest was long, unendurable postings about list or society
politics [space-wise].
I am not complaining or lecturing, you have enough of that, and i am really not at all mad at any of you. i still
regard you as folks I would like to ask questions and learn from.  Even the ones you dislike.
I just want you to understand that your society will remain small, closed and stagnant if you cannot interest us
other gardeners who are discovering Hostas. But my learning attention span is short, because I am new. We all know
what a true joy Hostas are and I even get a few postings in my Host-Open-Digest that reflect that your passions and
mine aren't far apart. I hope you get to enjoy that more, and for a long time. I have learned a few things and long
to learn more about Hostas, but in baby steps... Not genetics (I understand genetics, but I ENJOY gardening), not
world hunger,  etc... Remember, my tone here is not lecture, I am just trying to tell you what I like, what I would
have preferred and why I left because I was having a harder and harder time filtering out what I wnated from all
the long posts I was NOT interested in. No doubt, you will lecture each other on how to moderate yourselves with
more long posts, and I am sad about that. I leave you with some humor... You need it.