Pulmonarias in November & Northern Sea Oats & Oak Leaf Mulch

I thought many of my puls had bit the dust this summer. Amazing (to me) many
have re-emerged and look as they did in spring.
Is this unusual?

I had to get rid of a LOT of Northern Sea Oats (Chasmanthium latifolia). It
had gone WILD in my back border.I mowed about 4/5 of it down. Of course, I am
sure it will return next spring. Will Round-Up kill it? Is there a better
product to use to kill it?

It is quite striking---particularly in the Fall---but enough is enough.

My neighbor has about ten oak trees AND a shredder. He gives me all of his
shredded leaves.
I highly rec this as a mulch for acid in the soil. It only is good for one
season. It is particularly good for a mulch for hostas in my z5 clay soil

Clyde Crockett z5